Activities Director ~ Mr. Kish
(714) 986 - 7400 ext. 22305
What is it and how do we use our funds?
The ASB Cabinet, or student government, serves Bernardo Yorba Middle School with several goals in mind. ASB supports BYMS by voicing and addressing student opinions and needs, upholding the BYMS ASB Constitution, overseeing the expenditures of student funds, raising funds through various fundraisers, supporting and recognizing campus clubs and organizations, and sponsoring many school-wide programs and events. The primary goals of ASB are to create a memorable experience for all students on campus, to promote unity and spirit, and to grow as student leaders. ASB actively works to ensure that student activities and campus life are alive and well.
How do we use our funds?
To provide students and parents with an idea of the types of long term “items” ASB has purchased in recent years, take a look at the sample of BYMS – ASB purchases:
- professional Sound Systems for music at lunch
- assemblies, talent show, and promotion
- karaoke machine
- painting of matador logo and school name in MPR and on the outside of the teacher’s lounge, above the student quad area
- pay for a portion of student planners
- some equipment for yearbook (computers and cameras) to produce a quality book each year
- memory Plaques for BYMS students who have passed on
- new equipment for PE: utility balls, arrows, volleyballs, etc..
- outdoor containers for storage, ping-pong, foosball, and air hockey tables for use at Dances
- marquee outside of teachers’ lounge to publicize student events
- LED marquee in front of the school and the list goes on and on...
The following items are items that tend to be common purchases:
- first period class competitions
- spirit rallies
- awards, decorations, and light designer for the annual talent show
- school-wide fundraiser
- special weeks such as Red Ribbon and Celebrating Our Diversity weeks
- promotion awards
- noontime activities – materials and rewards
- music in the quad at lunch – upkeep on sound systems and “new”
- music for students enjoyment
- dances – DJ’s, decorations, maintenance of games (ping pong tables, air hockey, etc.) We plan to purchase new games this year.
- certificates, luncheons, and awards for student of the month and other student recognition events
- end-of-the-year awards for awards night and special recognition
- Principal’s Honor Roll Luncheon
- first Period Competition awards
- the Ride the Wave of Success program which includes t-shirts, busses for presenters on spirit rally days, fun activities for sprit rallies,
The following items we would like to purchase...
- new stage and/or platforms that can be used for the talent show, air band competitions, Halloween dress-up contest
- spirit rallies, Yorba Meadows Concert for instrumental music, etc.
- production sound system for talent show and vocal music programs.